Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Crowd Gives the Leader New Strength



____No, I won't say it. I refuse to apologize for my lengthy absence. I absolutely and irrevocably refuse.
____...
____Very well. I'm sorry I was gone. But I do have a legitimate excuse (or a few) for my hiatus, such as how I've had lots of school junk, like having to read about 700+ pages in the past three weeks for school (for some people that's nothing, but for me, different story), doing some art stuff, aaaaand having to complete lots of not-so-lovely essays and projects. I thought that your senior year was supposed to be easy. LIES, my friends, lies. I'll say to myself at the start of a week, "If I can just get this week over with, from here on out will be nice for a while," but then after finishing one week, new work flows into the weekend and the next week and it's just a never-ending cycle of wretchedness.
____I would love to write more in this bloggerly post, but alas, the drone of school's doings is battering my ears and will continue to do so until I wage war with it. Farewell, my fair citizens-- hopefully we shall meet again before the moon's phases change too dramatically!


Dress: New York & Co.
Jacket: TJ Maxx
Boots: Urbanog

18 comments:

LyddieGal said...

I'm sorry you've been buried under massive amounts of school work, but I won't accept your apology. I miss you and your dictatorship. (that's what we were going for right? I wasn't sure)

Love the jacket, by the way.

Vanessa said...

Lovely boots and great jacket! Definitely getting the marching band vibe, which I love!
I've missed you, too! Great to have a little snap of you! Hope you can plow through all those pages and homework!

ittyK said...

Hey, I just stumbled across your blog randomly. I love it! Haha, and you look super cute. I may just have to go to TJ Maxx and buy that SUPER cute jacket:)
I can totally empathise with the 'way too much homework' thing. >.<
I look forward to reading more!
lots of love,
ittyK

Roadrunner said...

I love those boots and the jacket is very cute too! :)

Unknown said...

Love your jacket so much!!


Marc.

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

stylefrontier said...

oh totally love that amazing jacket you have!
hope you can keep up with blogging aside from the piling school works
all the best!
xoxo

Brittany said...

I love this military jacket! glad youre back :)

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

New outfit location? Maybe? I don't know? Attempts at being observant? (PLEASE GO WITH IT).

And AH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. So much work. My entire grade is an explosion of stress and IT AINT PRETTY GURL. Remember to keep "the big picture" in mind - try to destress! (And maybe blog while your at it? ;) We miss your posts!)

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Lee Oliveira said...

Absolutely love your tailored jacket. Your boots are to die for
Lee x

Hannie said...

I love your sailor coat! It´s great :)
xoxo from Hannie

jess said...

I really like your jacket.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I'm sorry to hear you have so much schoolwork!! I hope it eases up soon. Don't worry, we are more than happy to wait for whenever you are able to post. BTW, this outfit looks so chic and fashion forward on you... I love it!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

mode. said...

fantastic jacket- you look great! welcome back.
<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com

k said...

I love that jacket! Good luck in getting all of your school workd one :)

monica said...

love the boots!
looks great

Lauren said...

Good luck with all your school work!!! I love the military look of this outfit!!! Its great!

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

TrophyBoutique said...

I am such a sucker for buttons, so it stands to reason that I am sucker for all these button-y coats you have! Awesome!

Kirsten Nunez (Studs and Pearls) said...

ooooh love those boots!